FAITH • PRAYER • DAILY DEVOTION

Pleading the Blood of Jesus: It Works — My Testimony and a Prayer for Your Daily Life

By E. Griffith — Evadney Griffith

Affiliate disclosure: This post contains a link to my Benable recommendations. I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases through eligible links, at no additional cost to you.

An open Bible for prayer and daily devotion

Illustrative devotional images; they do not depict the testimonies shared below.

“I plead the blood of Jesus.” These words have a deeply personal meaning to me. When I felt overwhelmed by a frightening experience, I called on Jesus. My faith helped me turn toward Him when I did not know what else to say.

When I say “It works,” I am sharing my conviction and personal testimony. My hope is that this post encourages you to seek Jesus, pray sincerely, and make time for His Word.

My Personal Testimony — E. Griffith

One time, I felt an overwhelming darkness, as though it was trying to consume me. The feeling was so intense that it seemed as if death itself was trying to suffocate me.

In that frightening moment, I immediately shouted, “I plead the blood of Jesus!”

After I called out, the overwhelming feeling released its hold on me. I experienced that moment as an answer to prayer, and I give Jesus the glory. It reminded me that even when I cannot find a long prayer, I can still call on Him.

— E. Griffith

I cannot explain everything about that experience, but I can share what I felt and what prayer meant to me. That is why this message is close to my heart.

What Does Pleading the Blood of Jesus Mean?

In some Christian traditions, pleading the blood of Jesus is a way of praying with confidence in His sacrifice, redemption, and saving work. It means turning to Jesus and trusting Him with your life, your household, and your concerns.

Christians understand this practice differently. The Bible speaks about Christ’s blood and its significance, but does not directly instruct believers to use the exact phrase “I plead the blood of Jesus.” Keep your trust centered on Jesus Himself as you pray.

  • Revelation 12:11: Describes believers overcoming the accuser through the blood of the Lamb and their testimony.
  • Ephesians 1:7: Connects redemption and forgiveness with Christ’s blood.
  • Hebrews 4:16: Encourages believers to approach God’s throne of grace for mercy and help.
  • 1 John 1:7: Speaks of Jesus’ blood cleansing believers from sin.

These are brief paraphrases. Read each passage in its full context in your preferred Bible translation.

Published Testimonies from Others

The following are short summaries of published personal accounts. The names appear in the source; the events and spiritual explanations have not been independently verified. They are shared as testimonies of faith, rather than promises that everyone will have the same experience.

Praying Over Her Home — Anne

Anne, from Benoni, South Africa, reported feeling prompted to walk around her property while pleading the blood of Jesus. She said a neighboring home was burglarized that night while hers was not. Anne understood this as God’s protection after prayer.

— Anne, testimony published by Michael Bradley on Bible Knowledge

Read Anne’s published testimony

Peace After a Frightening Dream — Pastor Jimmie Copley

Pastor Jimmie Copley described waking from a frightening dream and feeling afraid in his home. He reported praying over his family and rooms in Jesus’ name, claiming His blood. In his comment, he said that particular dream and feeling did not return, and credited Jesus with answering his prayer.

— Pastor Jimmie Copley, public comment dated February 14, 2012

Read his account in the article’s comments

A frightening feeling or dream does not establish that a spiritual attack occurred. These stories describe how the people involved understood their experiences through faith.

Plead the Blood Over Yourself

Take a quiet moment to pray. The prayer below was supplied for this post and lightly edited for spelling, punctuation, and readability. Its declarations express faith and requests to God; they do not guarantee freedom from illness, accidents, or hardship.

PLEAD THE BLOOD OVER YOURSELF

Father, in the name of Jesus, I come boldly before Your throne of grace.

I fully surrender my body, my soul, my spirit, and my entire life into Your hands.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I now plead the blood of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ over my entire body, over my entire soul, and over my entire spirit.

I plead the blood of Jesus over everything that is connected to me and my household.

I plead the blood of Jesus against any demons that may try to harm me.

I plead the blood of Jesus against any bad and evil people who may try to harm me in any way.

I plead the blood of Jesus against any natural accidents or catastrophes that may come against me.

I plead the blood of Jesus against any diseases, viruses, or illnesses that could possibly come against me.

I plead the blood of Jesus against thieves, robbers, scammers, swindlers, and deceitful people who try to steal from me.

I plead the blood of Jesus over the portals of my mind, my will, my thoughts, my intellect, my imagination, my choices, my emotions, and my decisions.

In the name of Jesus Christ, I take authority over the plans of the enemy against me, and I overturn them.

I plead the blood of Jesus over my goals, visions, plans, desires, and dreams.

Devil, you cannot hinder my progress, because I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.

I plead the blood of Jesus over my business and all my financial transactions.

I plead the blood of Jesus against every demonic spirit.

I plead the blood of Jesus over my relationships.

I plead the blood of Jesus over my cars and my journey through life.

I plead the blood of Jesus against every ungodly relationship and alliance.

I plead the blood of Jesus against enemies who pretend to be my friends.

I declare that God will expose them and put them to shame in Jesus’ name.

I hold the blood of Jesus against every emotional soul tie that the devil may try to put on me.

I decree that:
The devil cannot bring anybody into my life.
The devil cannot outdo the works of God in my life.

I hold the blood of Jesus against every familiar and ancestral evil spirit assigned against me and my household.

I hold the blood of Jesus against every hindering spirit that attempts to attack and torment me with memories of my past, my life, and my experiences.

I hold the blood of Jesus against the spirit of disappointment and setbacks in Jesus’ name.

I hold the blood of Jesus against the spirit of frustration and stagnation in Jesus’ name.

I hold the blood of Jesus against the spirit of emotional manipulation and emotional blackmail that the devil may try to put on me through someone, in Jesus’ name.

I plead the blood of Jesus over my choices and decisions. I decree that evil people cannot influence my choices and decisions in Jesus’ name.

I plead the blood of Jesus over my talents, skills, and abilities.

I hold the blood of Jesus against the spirit of stagnation in any area of my life, in the name of Jesus.

I hold the blood of Jesus against demonic delay of my miracles, in the name of Jesus.

I hold the blood of Jesus against all the curses that have been written or spoken against me, in the name of Jesus.

I hold the blood of Jesus against every strongman sitting on my blessings. I break the backbone of the strongman and destroy his powers in Jesus’ name.

I hold the blood of Jesus against Satan, his entire kingdom, legions, the ruler spirit, the beast, the antichrist, the devil, witches, warlocks, Satanists, every principality, power, spell, prince, witchcraft, sorcery, root curse, voodoo curse, palm readers, curses of words spoken, and all spiritual wickedness in high places.

I hold the blood of Jesus against every plan and every evil design through any evil organization, shrine, or throne directed toward me, my household, and my properties.

I hold the blood of Jesus against evil prophets and juju priests who may try to speak evil against me. I cannot be cursed because I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus.

No plague, pestilence, destruction, or death shall come near me, because the Lord is my refuge!

His blood is my defense!
His blood is my hedge of protection!

Lord, You have said that the life of the flesh is in the blood. Thank You for this blood that has cleansed me from sin and sealed the New Covenant, of which I am a partaker.

Father God, thank You for Your full protection over my life, in Jesus’ name.

Amen.

Pray for discernment, peace, and protection without treating a feeling or suspicion as proof that someone intends harm. Let your actions reflect Christ’s love.

Warm sunlight across a peaceful landscape for quiet reflection

Make Prayer Part of Your Daily Devotion

  1. Begin with gratitude. Thank Jesus for His love, mercy, and sacrifice.
  2. Read a Bible passage. Reflect on redemption, grace, and the hope you have in Christ.
  3. Bring your concerns to God. Pray for your household, decisions, relationships, work, and peace of mind.
  4. Use your own words. You can pray the longer prayer above or simply say, “Jesus, I trust You. Help me and guide me today.”
  5. Write down your reflections. Keep a journal of prayers, gratitude, questions, and moments that strengthen your faith.
  6. Take wise action. Seek support, maintain healthy boundaries, and follow through on practical responsibilities.

Prayer can accompany medical care and practical safety measures. If you experience actual difficulty breathing, chest pain, or immediate danger, seek emergency help right away.

Explore More for Your Daily Devotion

Looking for reading and reflection resources? Visit my Benable recommendation for more to explore as you develop your prayer routine. Review the listing to see whether the resource suits your needs.

Explore My Devotional Recommendation

You can pray and grow in faith without purchasing anything.

A Word of Encouragement

You do not have to find perfect words before turning to Jesus. Begin with an honest heart. Bring Him your fear, your questions, your gratitude, and your hopes.

For me, “I plead the blood of Jesus” is a deeply meaningful expression of faith. My testimony reminds me to call on Him and place my trust in His love.

Have you experienced comfort or renewed courage through prayer? Share your testimony in the comments, and save this post for your next quiet time.

Written by E. Griffith — Evadney Griffith


Testimony source: “Pleading the Blood Against a Home Attack,” Bible Knowledge, by Michael Bradley. Anne’s account appears in the article; Pastor Jimmie Copley’s account appears in its public comments. Both are summarized, not reproduced in full.

Scripture references: Revelation 12:11; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 4:16; 1 John 1:7; Leviticus 17:11.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Affiliate Marketing for Beginners: Your Guide to Earning Money Online

How to Go From Zero to 1 Million Instagram Followers and Earn as an Affiliate — The Insta Affiliate Course Review

5 Things to Know About Affiliate & Digital Marketing